[rabbitmq-discuss] ZebroGaMQ: Communication Middleware for Mobile Gaming based on RabbitMQ
gabriel.adgeg at it-sudparis.eu
Tue Apr 10 14:13:45 BST 2012
Our team has created a communication middleware for mobile gaming called
ZebroGaMQ(*), within the TOTEM research project for Mobile Mixed Reality
ZebroGaMQ is based on RabbitMQ. It provides an easy and reliable way
to publish and consume messages in the context of mobile multiplayer games.
A prototypical game involves:
* A Python server (using pika library)
* Android applications (using rabbitmq client for Java)
* Java J2SE applications (using rabbitmq client for Java)
Here are the features of ZebroGaMQ:
* Clients of ZebroGaMQ don't have to handle the low-level details of
message reception. They just need to define a behaviour on the
consumption of these messages.
* Disconnection management of Android devices is allowed. Simply
focus on publishing your messages, the middleware handles for you
the loss of network connection inherent to mobile networks.
* Game instances management is provided. You can create several
instances of a game, and let players use those instances in parallel.
ZebroGaMQ is available on GitHub: https://github.com/simatic/ZebroGaMQ
We will soon publish a demonstrator game called aMazing that uses ZebroGaMQ.
We welcome any questions and feedbacks.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss