[rabbitmq-discuss] have problem to follow client deployment steps in erlang client doc

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Apr 2 10:41:30 BST 2012

Hi,

On 31/03/12 10:31, zhi sun wrote:
> I am newbie to rabbitmq erlang client.
>
> when I follow the client deployment steps described as below, I found
> the steps are aged, and didn't work.
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/erlang-client-user-guide.html

I'm sorry that errors in the documentation caused difficulties. Can you
let us know what is wrong so that we can put it right?

You might also want to look at the building guide:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/build-erlang-client.html

> I finally is able to compile the amqp_example.erl successfully (and
> output is amqp_example.beam), but get the following error:
>
> 1> amqp_example:test().
> ** exception error: undefined function amqp_example:test/0

Your amqp_example module is not in the code loading path. The simplest
solution is to add the folder containing the amqp_example.beam file by
supplying the appropriate interpreter argument (e.g. "-pa"). Also see
the "code" module which is part of the Erlang distribution.

-Emile