[rabbitmq-discuss] Install RabbitMQ 2.6.1 with management plugin on Amazon Linux 32-bit?

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 11:34:43 BST 2011

Hello!

2011/9/30 Nick Martin <nick at faceture.com>:

> RabbitMQ 2.6.1 requires Erlang version of at least R12B-3.
> The management plugin requires a newer version of Erlang, R13B01 (see
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html#erlang).
>
> Amazon Linux is not properly configured to install Erlang using the
> yum package manager. When I run "yum install erlang" it resulted in
> this output:
>
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, security
> amzn-main | 2.1 kB 00:00
> amzn-updates | 2.1 kB 00:00
> Setting up Install Process
> No package erlang available.
> Error: Nothing to do

Erlang is available through the external repository (EPEL).
Unfortunately due to the some shortcomings in the default Amazon's
repositories this won't work either (unless you enable generic RHEL
/CentOS /SL repositories manually).

> For some reason, even though I built and installed Erlang R13B04, the
> RabbitMQ package can't see it. Any suggestions on why it doesn't know
> Erlang is installed?

Either

a) Enable RHEL / CentOS / SL repositories and EPEL and repeat again
b) Rebuild RabbitMQ from sources as well as Erlang/OTP.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.