[rabbitmq-discuss] pika basic_ack not always working

Stephen Young stephen.t.young at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 23:49:02 BST 2011

Hi there,

I'm running a setup with a single exchange routing to four queues. My
client servers connect to the exchange and follow all four queues and
spawn handler processes that manage the data from the queues.

I've found that using basic_ack only seems to work if the queues are
empty when my client server joins, otherwise it doesn't send - anyone
have any idea why this would be?

here's the code my process uses:

def _onComplete():
    return channel.basic_ack(delivery_tag=method.delivery_tag)
kwargs = {
     'data': message['data'],
    'oncomplete': _onComplete
}
p = Process(target=self._registry(message['key']),
args=[],kwargs=kwargs)
p.start()