[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ, SSL, .NET Client

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Sep 20 16:01:15 BST 2011

Hi Jeremy,

On 20/09/11 15:27, jeremyalan wrote:

> Rather than using our provided certificates, I've tried plugging in the
> example certificates shipped with the Erlang SSL package, found here:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\erl5.8.4\lib\ssl-4.1.5\examples\certs\etc\server

For a test I would instead suggest creating certificates in the way
described here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/ssl.html

The common name (CN) field is expected to contain the hostname.

> =ERROR REPORT==== 20-Sep-2011::09:23:25 ===
> SSL: hello: ./ssl_record.erl:364:Fatal error: record overflow

It is possible that you are attempting to connect to the SSL port with a
client that is not configured to use SSL. Could that be the case?
Confirm the port numbers that are set up in your configuration file.

-Emile