[rabbitmq-discuss] JSON-RPC channel plugin crash on tuple_to_list(Props)

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Sep 20 11:06:03 BST 2011

On 19/09/11 17:15, Nick Marino wrote:
> Based on my limited knowledge of the Rabbit code though, it doesn't seem
> like we're doing anything wrong in our exchange type plugin, and it
> seems like it would make sense for the json plugin to call
> ensure_content_decoded before it assumes the content is actually
> decoded. Could this be considered a bug in the json plugin?

It probably is, however in 2.1.0 the JSON-RPC plugin talked directly to
internal rabbit objects like queues, and was thus susceptible to this
bug. At some point (I don't remember exactly when) it was rewritten to
talk to rabbit via the direct Erlang client (effectively
AMQP-over-Erlang) and thus things should be rather more sanitised by the
time JSON-RPC sees them. These days it should not need to call
ensure_content_decoded() any more than a Java app would.

So I think the bug you're seeing is fixed by coincidence now. I
recommend you upgrade.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen