[rabbitmq-discuss] Work on plugins

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 21:51:53 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm seeing on the mercurial repository that there are many changes to the plugin system so I want to do a feature request.

Something I noticed while playing with custom exchanges for RabbitMQ is that if you create them and later you remove the plugin without deleting the exchange then RabbitMQ won't start at all because the recovery process will fail since it can't find the custom exchange module.

Wouldn't it be nice to have an "uninstall plugin" kind of command? Perhaps also in the same way you do -rabbit_boot_step(). declarations on your modules, you could add something like a -rabbit_uninstall_plugin(). declaration that could be executed to remove the plugin. Then it's up to the plugin developer to take care at this point of removing Mnesia entries and other stuff related to his plugin.

What do you think?

Alvaro