[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: RabbitMQ crashing on Windows

Juarez Bochi jbochi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 16:23:53 BST 2011

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, but I don't believe that would help... I'm using
Windows, not Linux.

I don't if the following info is relevant, but this is what I got from the
Event Viewer:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: ErlSrv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 16
Date: 9/13/2011
Time: 9:17:22 PM
User: N/A
Computer: CHVMP002
RabbitMQ: Erlang machine voluntarily stopped. The service is not restarted
as OnFail is set to ignore.

Thanks
Juarez

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Marek Majkowski <majek04 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if that helps, but google says:
> http://www.ejabberd.im/node/872
>
> > In my case, the problema was that I had only a short hostname
> > in /etc/hostname, I changed it from "myhost" to
> > "myhost.mydomain.tld", restarted hostname service and then
> > everything works great.
>
> Erlang is quite fragile when it comes to hostnames. The hostname must
> be properly resolvable.
>
> Cheers,
>  Marek
>
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 15:17, Juarez Bochi <jbochi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > This is my very first post on the list. Please pardon me if I am doing
> > something stupid, but I have already googled and searched the list
> archives
> > but I could not find the solution to my problem.
> > I am running RabbitMQ on a Windows machine (Windows Server 2003 R2) and
> > everything worked just perfect for a couple of months.
> > After that, Rabbit (or Erlang, I don't know) started to crash every week.
> > And now its crashing almost every day. I have already upgraded it and
> also
> > Erlang, but the problem continues.
> > The erl_crash.dump always starts with something like this:
> > =erl_crash_dump:0.1
> > Tue Sep 13 21:17:21 2011
> > Slogan: Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
> > ({application_terminated,kernel,shutdown})
> > System version: Erlang R14B03 (erts-5.8.4) [smp:4:4] [rq:4]
> > [async-threads:30]
> > Compiled: Tue May 24 12:17:38 2011
> > The latest one is attached.
> > Is there anything I can do to understand what is causing the shutdown? I
> am
> > completely lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > Many thanks
> > Juarez Bochi

Juarez