[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.6.1 is released

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 14 11:05:27 BST 2011

On 14/09/11 04:39, Michael Klishin wrote:
> This is a question for RabbitMQ team membersbut I definitely would like
> to see plugins distributed as .deb packages.
> Current way of installing them is just painful to automate around and
> requires manual maintenance even on point releases.
> There has to be a better way in late 2011.

We're very aware of this, but have been struggling to get to the right
answer. Individual debs per plugin are a nice idea, but then we have to
do the same thing for RPMs, Windows, Mac users and so on, plus we either
package each plugin by hand or try to automate the whole thing. And the
plugins aren't really designed to be built without the server build
being there, and so on. It gets messy quickly.

So the new plan is to rearrange things so that all the official plugins
end up bundled along with the server in a standard way for all
packaging, and we ship a tool that lets you turn them on or off.
However, I don't have a date for when this will happen, but it is being
worked on.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen