[rabbitmq-discuss] Node reaches RAM High Watermark quickly

Chris Larsen clarsen at euphoriaaudio.com
Mon Sep 12 23:21:46 BST 2011

Hello, we're running a bunch of nodes of RabbitMQ 2.3.1 on Erlang R13B03
under Debian and one of the nodes has a problem where it reaches the high
watermark, stops accepting producers and requires a reboot to recover. The
consumers eat all of the messages so that the queues are empty but the used
Ram never drops. I checked for queue leakage and we only have 9 queues
defined with about 100 unacked messages in one queue when the ram fills up.
We only have about 30 connections and less than 20 channels shown in the GUI
when it fails. The system isn't running in swap and messages are sometimes a
couple of MB in size but no larger. Any ideas what it might be? Thank you!