[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq query

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 12 10:02:10 BST 2011

Hi Nitesh,

Op 12/09/11 09:45, het Nithesh Shetty geskryf:
>>Examples where the condition of a single path does not hold is when a
>>consumer reconnects or requeues messages. In these cases you cannot rely
>>on messages being received in publication order.
>
> When u say reconnects or requeues. I assume that the application using
> queue to receive message crashes and then it connects
> again to receive the message at that moment u cannot gaurantee the order
> right

If a consumer holds unacknowledged messages when it disconnects then the
broker needs to return those messages to the queue. The current version
of rabbit places those messages at the back of the queue, so you cannot
rely on the order of messages once a reconnect occurs.

The same goes for AMQP methods that accept a "requeue" argument like
basic.reject, basic.recover and basic.nack.

-Emile