[rabbitmq-discuss] active/active HA and publishers/consumers

Steve Martin steve at lemansholdings.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 16:25:20 BST 2011

It suddenly clicked, thank you.
I had in my mind the model of database log-shipping, which was incorrect.

On a tangential albeit related note, can anyone suggest an approach for
rigging up a load balancer in a development environment in order that I may
test out my application and HA cluster?
I currently have a number of VMs running RMQ in the cluster (several
instances of VMWare player running Ubunto 10.10 as I preferred modelling the
ultimate production scenario rather than setting up a single machine
cluster)
Is there a simple load balancing virtual appliance that can be used in the
same manner, and will this open up a networking can of worms? (I'm
predominately a software tech rather than a networker)

Steve