[rabbitmq-discuss] active/active HA and publishers/consumers

Steve Martin ste.martin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 14:40:19 BST 2011

I, too, would like to echo John's initial query.
I have an active/active HA cluster and would like to seek some
guidance on how best to configure my system with regards to how to
know where to publish to/consume from.
If the master fails and a slave is promoted, how do I know what the
new master is or can I publish to the slave (my thoughts are no but I
have to ask)?

The Rabbit documentation describes rabbitmq configuration admirably
but (in my case at least) I feel it would be beneficial to include
some real-world use-cases.
I'll caveat my naivete by saying that I have been working with
RabbitMQ for the grand total of almost three days now.
Any advice gratefully received.