[rabbitmq-discuss] pika error - need a help

Ann Witbrock (c) awitbrock at vmware.com
Wed Sep 7 12:21:16 BST 2011

Hi Sergey,
I'm not the most experienced about the pika, but I would recommend using normal E xception handling around the connection and queue set up , and also around your processing code, so that it doesn't interfere with the normal running of the processing. If you record the exception messages somewhere, you will be able to get more inf ormation about the failure.

Your exact needs may differ, but our java tutorial at https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-tutorials/blob/master/java/RPCServer.java  has some Exception context (the "try" blocks) which may be helpful. Unfortunately, we don't have such an example for the pika.

I hope to   add some guidance on exceptions to our documentation at some point soon.
Ann