[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.6.0 failing to start (Debian Package)

François Beausoleil francois at teksol.info
Tue Sep 6 16:35:22 BST 2011

Matthew Sackman <matthew at ...> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 11:38:09AM -0500, Philip K. Warren wrote:
> > I think the rabbitmq-server init script needs to create the
> > /var/run/rabbitmq directory if it doesn't exist, as the rabbitmq user
> > doesn't have permission to create the directory.
>
> Thanks for reporting this. There's always something that manages to get
> through... sigh. Given the severity of this, I would imagine there'll be
> a patch release coming out fairly soon.

Hi!

I have applied Matthew's patch, and my VM fails to boot. I'm on Ubuntu 11.04,
and while booting the console writes "Starting rabbitmq-server: " - and
then nothing. The boot process is hung. I have to kill
my VM and start in a new one, which still fails to boot anyway.

Any pointers would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks!
François