[rabbitmq-discuss] HA policies [was: RabbitMQ 2.6.0 is released]

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 07:41:13 BST 2011

> Why is that?

Because it nullifies the performance gain of adding a node for any cluster count over 2 nodes. With "all" everytime I add a node, my queue gets another copy. Typically I want a maximum of 3 copies for conflict resolution in the cluster, and I want a 15 node cluster to only have 3 copies of any particular queue evenly distributed amongst the nodes. That way adding nodes gives performance in addition to HA.

-J