[rabbitmq-discuss] Librabbitmq-c API

Alex P oleksandr.petrov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 16:50:21 BST 2011

Thank you David.

Actually, that was exactly what we ended up doing,

As far as I understood, that even though Librabbitmq is event-driven, it
doesn't mean it's non-blocking, right?
For instance, wait_frame_inner is blocking until we recv() is responding
with something useful.

Are there ways to work it around? We actually need some non-blocking
approach, since we want to be able to send heartbeats and do many other
things in same thread, while we have no data available.

Actually, just changing that function would change many things. As far as I
can tell, Send() calls are currently blocking as well, even though they're
unlikely to block cycle for long time.

Should we just use several threads and create a connection per thread, or
there are better approaches that were built into the lib?

Thanks for the help, again.
It seems that something is causing basic_get to eat out memory when ran in
cycle. If i manage to reproduce it without app itself and have more info,
i'll file a bug-report. For now it may very well be my mistake(