[rabbitmq-discuss] Disconnect

Dave Gress dgress at vmware.com
Mon Oct 31 20:41:18 GMT 2011

I have a server set up

Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
6 plugins activated:
* amqp_client-2.6.1
* mochiweb-1.3-rmq2.6.1-git9a53dbd
* rabbitmq_management-2.6.1
* rabbitmq_management_agent-2.6.1
* rabbitmq_mochiweb-2.6.1
* webmachine-1.7.0-rmq2.6.1-hg0c4b60a

A simple java reciever on a channel

on Oct 31 11:57:41 EDT 2011 Info: Connect start Host[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] timeout [5000]

 [*] Waiting for messages. To exit press CTRL+C

When I try to send a message, I get a "fast" disconnect "FIN" from my send java app.

import com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory;
import com.rabbitmq.client.Connection;
import com.rabbitmq.client.Channel;
//Set up the class and name the queue:

public class Send {

  private final static String QUEUE_NAME = "hello";

  public static void main(String[] argv)
      throws java.io.IOException {

    ConnectionFactory factory = new ConnectionFactory();
    factory.setHost("xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx");
    Connection connection = factory.newConnection();
    Channel channel = connection.createChannel();

No firewall exists