[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering RabbitMQ between Datacentres

Pete Kelly pkelly at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 14:02:32 GMT 2011

On 31 October 2011 13:54, Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> On 31/10/11 13:53, Pete Kelly wrote:
> > Thanks, it mentions federation is incompatible with clusters at release
>
>> 2.5 (I assume), is this still the case?
>>

> It's fixed in 2.6.0.

Cool, so a simple scenario could be:

Cluster A (USA) <------> Cluster B (Europe)

which would allow systems in the USA to publish to Cluster A, and systems
in Europe to publish to Cluster B.

Cluster A then federates its messages to Cluster B, which is where all the
subscribers/consumers live.

So essentially it's a reliable way to allow the USA to publish messages to
RabbitMQ whilst still allowing Europe to subscribe to and consume the
messages.

Can it work bi-directionally too? So Europe could federate to the USA too
(for the same exchange)? That way we could potentially do it without the
cluster at each end.