[rabbitmq-discuss] JSonRPC Encoding

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 31 13:16:58 GMT 2011

Hi,

On 31/10/11 12:51, Mysurf Mail wrote:
> Hi,
> I have asked this before but I couldnt solve my problem . So I will try
> once more.
> On JSonRPC  -
> It seems that when I send a hebrew strings with rabbitmq - I get squares
> instead of strings in the other side.
> It is not the way when I send it with regular publishing.

This was the previous reply to the question:

---
Rabbit treats the message body as an opaque blob of bytes. This remains
true regardless of whether you use RPC. The message won't be modified by
the broker, so if you are seeing differences then the problem is
probably in your encoding or decoding process.
---

This information is still correct. I've just performed a short test with
JSonRPC, confirming that the payload is not modified, preserving Hebrew
characters.

-Emile