[rabbitmq-discuss] Amazon EC2 AMI with current RabbitMQ disappeared?

Marek Majkowski majek04 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 16:34:19 GMT 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 18:50, Michael Justin <michael.justin at gmx.net> wrote:
> The AMI "ami-6b32612e" with RabbitMQ 2.4.0 mentioned on
> http://old.nabble.com/Ubuntu-%2B-RabbitMQ-2.4.0-EC2-AMI-td31280970.html
> (link found on http://www.rabbitmq.com/devtools.html#ec2-dev) seems to be
> pulled from EC2 - only older versions 1.6.0 and 1.7.0 of RabbitMQ are listed
> in the AMI directory.
>
> Maybe there is an Ubuntu AMI which already has a recent RabbitMQ version
> (2.4 or 2.6) on EC2 or? I have found two Ubuntu 11.10 AMIs
> I would like to run it on demand for demo purposes only.
>
> Am I understanding correctly that Ubuntu 11.10 ships with RabbitMQ 2.3.1?

Michael,

Ubuntu is generally shipping with a bit outdated rabbitmq.

If you need RabbitMQ on EC2, you probably should install newest Ubuntu
LTS from http://uec-images.ubuntu.com/releases/

Add rabbitmq deb repo to the apt-sources and install newest rabbitmq.

Follow this instructions:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/ec2.html

Cheers,
 Marek