[rabbitmq-discuss] JRUBY java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException:

Paul Cowan dagda1 at scotalt.net
Fri Oct 28 08:00:03 BST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to start a queue consumer from JRuby 1.6.5, I have the
following thor task that I want to use to start the queue:

desc "start_consumer", "start the test consumer"
def start_consumer
  puts "Running #{AMQP::VERSION} version of the gem"

  AMQP.start(:host => "dev.rabbitmq.com") do |connection|

    ch = AMQP::Channel.new(connection)

    ch.queue("one", :auto_delete =>
true).subscribe(&method(:handle_message))
  end
end

I start the rabbitmq-server with the *rabbitmq-server --detachced* command.

When I run the task, it cannot connect to the host and I get the following
error:

NativeException: java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException: null
  bind_connect_server at
/Users/paulcowan/.rvm/gems/jruby-1.6.5/gems/eventmachine-1.0.0.beta.4-java/lib/jeventmachine.rb:136

I can't find anything on this in google.

Can anyone see anything obvious that I am missing?

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.com/