[rabbitmq-discuss] Protecting a queue from other users

Alexandru Scvorţov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 27 23:32:45 BST 2011

You should read:
  http://www.rabbitmq.com/admin-guide.html#access-control

In short, access to queues (and to a few other things) is controlled by
three permission strings that each user has.  So, UserB can subscribe to
QueueA, provided he guesses the queue's name correctly and that he has
read access to broker-named queues.

You can protect UserA's queues from being read by UserB, but you
have to name them yourself (and make sure that UserB does not have
access to queues named that way).  A simple way to do this would be to
name UserX's queues "userx.<something random>" and to only grant him
access to "userx\..*" (i.e. all names beginning with the string
"userx.").

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Alex