[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustered queues and bindings dropped when sending large messages

Irmo Manie irmo.manie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 08:59:05 BST 2011

Matthias,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Matthias Radestock
<matthias at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
> Irmo,

> Depends on when the last tick was sent, e.g. it may have been sent 30
> seconds before the large message is sent.
>
> Btw,
> http://erlang.2086793.n4.nabble.com/node-to-node-message-passing-td2536251.html
> describes the issue.

Ok thanks, that clarifies the behavior then. I'll prepare our internal
communication tooling  to auto multi-part big messages to prevent all
this.

> It should join up again when one node attempts to talk to the other. Not
> sure what would trigger that in rabbit; queue/exchange/binding
> creation/deletion perhaps (due to the mnesia synchronisation that needs to
> happen as part of that).

I haven't tested or tried what triggers a full rejoin to the cluster,
including getting all queue and binding info again.
I actually expected this to happen automatically and I think it should, right?

Cheers,
Irmo