[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ writes non stop to disk

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 27 07:19:25 BST 2011

Raphael,

On 27/10/11 05:18, Raphael Simon wrote:
> Is there a way to easily retrieve the average ingress rate across all
> queues for a broker?  Maybe what's happening is a rogue client is spamming that
> specific server. I'd like to see the average ingress rate across all our
> brokers to validate that theory.

The avg queue ingress rate should be easy to calculate by extracting the
rate information for all queues through the management API.

Wouldn't it be better to look at inbound connection data rates for
though, e.g. identify the connection with the highest inbound rate? Or
perhaps look at per-channel message stats. You can get at all of these
through the management API.

Regards,

Matthias.