[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ writes non stop to disk

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 27 01:47:42 BST 2011

On 27/10/11 01:16, Raphael Simon wrote:
> It's not that it is necessarily difficult, it just that it takes time to
> make sure everything is OK before we can deploy to production.

ok.

Can you find out what files the 6k/s writes are going to? It can't be
just the persistent message store since, as you observed, that's only
writing 16M about every couple of minutes. And while I would expect to
see some writes to the queue index journal files, these shouldn't add up
to anywhere near 6k/s with the traffic levels you are reporting.

Matthias.