[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ-C library: channel_max

Pieter de Zwart pdezwart at rubiconproject.com
Tue Oct 25 23:25:23 BST 2011

Hey everyone,

Dumb question alert, sorry. In the rabbitmq-c library, there are a few parameters to the amqp_login function that confuse me: channel_max and frame_max. Are these essentially the global QOS settings (how many channels can be on this connection, 0 being unlimited AND maximum window frame size, within which the client will try to tune the connection)?

What are legitimate values for these? Should I expose them in the PHP extension, and allow people to change them prior to connecting?

Thanks,
Pieter