[rabbitmq-discuss] Initial Questions on RabbitMQ and AMQP

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 25 22:25:47 BST 2011

Mark,

On 25/10/11 21:51, Mark Petrovic wrote:
> 1) No ONCE-ONLY semantics. Messages may be sent twice by RabbitMQ to
> the consumer(s)

That only happens if something went wrong and, in effect, the message is
"retried".

Once-only / exactly-once are tricky to define, and impossible to
implement if taken literally. There has been some previous discussion on
the subject. A quick search of the archives brings up

../rabbitmq-server/scripts/rabbitmqctl delete_user test_user_no_perm
Deleting user "test_user_no_perm" ...
Error: {no_such_user,<<"test_user_no_perm">>}
make[3]: [start_test_broker_node] Error 2 (ignored)