[rabbitmq-discuss] Supervisor report

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 21 18:47:51 BST 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 06:10:54PM +0100, Andrea Rosa wrote:
> =SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 10-Oct-2011::14:31:35 ===
>      Supervisor: {<0.20756.1688>,
>                                            rabbit_channel_sup_sup}
>      Context:    shutdown_error
>      Reason:     shutdown
>      Offender:   [{pid,<0.20758.1688>},
>                   {name,channel_sup},
>                   {mfa,{rabbit_channel_sup,start_link,[]}},
>                   {restart_type,temporary},
>                   {shutdown,infinity},
>                   {child_type,supervisor}]

It means nothing. There was a race condition internally that could cause
this. It wasn't actually a bug - nothing was going wrong - but it could
produce this in the logs. I think we think we've fixed it, but I also
think I saw it again the other day so it's possible we've not fully
fixed it. Did you see this in 2.6.1 or some earlier version?

Matthew