[rabbitmq-discuss] getting authentication failure Exception?

Thadeu Russo thadeurc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 17:22:07 BST 2011

Hi, I could make it work with a simple approach, but I think this is
something that requires some attention from the rabbitmq dev team.

My computers were connected using a wireless router that had no
connection to the internet. I assume it was giving me 'fake' ips. When
I plugged the internet cable everything was working fine. So here is
my question to rabbitmq dev team: Is rabbitmq not accepting 'fake' ip
addresses?

A simple test case is: have a computer without internet or any network
connection and force a static ip. Start rabbitmq and try to connect a
client running in the same node using the static ip and not localhost
or 127.0.0.1.

Regards,