[rabbitmq-discuss] Pika IOLoop issue

E Hope-Morley zedhm at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 17:11:51 BST 2011

Hi Gavin, I do not have a trace and this is not an easy issue to trigger but I think I have understood what is going on. This issue happens, in my case, when the connection drops and Pika handles the error. This results in the on_connection_closed callback getting called which I have instructed to stop the connection.ioloop. I think the problem is that if you have a nested poll()s you end up with nested handlers so even if the poller (i.e. the while loop in poller.start())is stopped, when the call stack unwinds you can end up with calls to poll() getting executed as a result of a transport.rpc(). Does this make any sense?