[rabbitmq-discuss] Weird compile error on latest 2.6.1 code

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 17 17:05:40 BST 2011

On 17/10/11 15:05, Jon Brisbin wrote:
> I updated my rebar-ized fork of the erlang client and rabbit_common
> dependencies to 2.6.1. When I compile the amqp_client by itself, it
> compiles okay (well, I get one warning). But when I include that in
> another project and compile it, I get some errors that seem to indicate
> multiple inclusion:
>
> https://gist.github.com/1292660

Hmm. Yes. It seems that amqp_selective_consumer.erl includes
amqp_gen_consumer_spec.hrl and amqp_client.hrl. But
amqp_gen_consumer_spec.hrl also includes amqp_client.hrl. Oops.

I have fixed this in hg; you could wait for the next release or patch it
yourself.

> So why don't I get these errors when compiling this module by itself,

Well that is a fascinating question :-) I could also only replicate this
using your rebarised build and dependencies. As far as I can see it
really should break everywhere. It clearly doesn't though.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware