[rabbitmq-discuss] [announcement] Introducing Langohr, a Clojure wrapper around RabbitMQ Java client

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:44:10 BST 2011

Hi!

For a couple of months I have been actively using and working on a [yet
another] Clojure library built on top of the RabbitMQ Java client. I think
it is time to announce it, even though it is not 1.0 yet and documentation
site is not yet public/finished. It is available on github at

https://github.com/michaelklishin/langohr

and is licensed under the Eclipse Public License.

As the README explains, the goal was to combine my experience of using Java
client for over a year with 3+ years of experience with Ruby amqp gem, both
as a user and now as a maintainer. So Langohr has features and ideas from
both, packaged in a library that is especially easy to use from Clojure.

Langohr supports all RabbitMQ extensions, has been in very active use since
August, used to interoperate with applications that use Ruby (amqp gem) and
(librabbitmq), has its own test suite (mostly to have examples, although it
did reveal some changes between RabbitMQ client 2.5 and 2.6 that I don't
believe
were announced in the 2.6.0 release notes) and documentation site is in the
works.

Langohr is certainly not the first Java client wrapper available for Clojure
but the most complete and one of the most polished ones. If you use RabbitMQ
with Clojure,
give it a try!
--
MK