[rabbitmq-discuss] Bitcask Message Store Index

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 12 23:32:36 BST 2011

Hi Alvaro,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 05:59:13PM +0200, Alvaro Videla wrote:
> I've implemented an experimental plugin providing a message store index using Basho's Bitcask.
> More details here: https://github.com/videlalvaro/msg_store_bitcask_index
>
> Here you can find more details about Bitcask implementation and motivation: http://downloads.basho.com/papers/bitcask-intro.pdf

Huh, that's interesting. I'm curious though - how do the properties of
your implementation differ from our default? - I'm not trying to
discourage you at all, just curious. Even if it's just for gaining
understanding and experience of implementing Rabbit's internal APIs,
it's still valuable.

> I have a question for the RabbitMQ devs… how  could I run rabbit's
> test suite to include this plugin instead of the default
> msg_store_index?

Simplest way is to set the msg_store_index_module param in your
rabbitmq.config file - check the rabbit.app to see how it's set, but
there's nothing unusual there. Also check rabbitmq-toke which
(re-)implements the same interface and probably changes the env slightly
differently... ;)

Matthew