[rabbitmq-discuss] Hands-Free Configuration

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 12 10:37:36 BST 2011

On 11/10/11 22:28, SixDegrees wrote:
> All of the examples I've seen for using RabbitMQ show the vhost, user and
> permissions being set using rabbitmqctl at the command line. I'm not clear
> on whether these setting persist across machine reboots or service restarts;
> they don't seems to, although its possible I managed to muck something else
> up while checking.

They really *really* should; if these are going away something is badly
wrong. From your previous message ("RabbitMQ completely unusable") I
wonder if something is blowing away the Mnesia directory or something.
How did you install Rabbit? Have you relocated anything?

> In any case, is it possible to configure these settings and any others
> needed by way of a configuration file that would be read when RabbitMQ is
> started?

No. We've wondered about adding such a feature but it's not obvious what
the use case is, given that you should just be able to set things up how
you want them and leave it.

> We will ultimately be clustering several machines, and resetting
> all of these by hand each time something cycles is not going to work well in
> a production environment.

Absolutely.

Cheers, Simon

--