[rabbitmq-discuss] Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 11 13:43:10 BST 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 03:31:46PM +0300, Matti Linnanvuori wrote:
> startup_err has only the following content:
>
> Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.
>
> Any idea what went wrong? The RabbitMQ server has version 2.5.1 and is running in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1 High Availability Extension. From reading web search results, I think it may have been a timeout. Why does it take so long for RabbitMQ server to start?

Recovering from a non-polite shutdown of RabbitMQ can take a long time.
We've recently fixed improved this which should make a bit of a
difference in the next release but there's still more work that could be
done in this regard. In short, if you have thousands of queues, or if
you have millions of messages on disk, then recovery from a kill of
Rabbit can take many minutes.

Matthew