[rabbitmq-discuss] Regex field validation as per Amqp spec

Robin Harvey harvey.robin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 15:02:14 BST 2011

Hi,

I've been playing around with some RPC implementations and I've come across
a problem with validation of outgoing message fields.

I've re-implemented the "thumper" RPC demos (
https://github.com/videlalvaro/Thumper), the RPC client uses an
auto-generated queue name for the response queue (from queue.declare-ok),
these look something like this:

amq.gen-IuK1REOUDF8MxpANaTQWXQ==

However, when I pass this to the basic.consume, my library complains that
this breaks validation of the amqp "queue-name" domain, which has the
following regex validation rule:

I've changed my library to ignore the error and everything works great.

Does RabbitMQ ignore these regex rules, or have I mis-interpreted the spec?
Should I remove the regex validation feature from my library?

Thanks!
--Robin