[rabbitmq-discuss] Are publisher confirms at all aware of HA (replicated) durable queues?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 5 10:18:47 BST 2011

Steve,

On 04/10/11 18:05, Steve Rehrauer wrote:
> If I'm asking the broker for publisher confirms, and I have a cluster
> of nodes, and I have durable queues that are replicated (x-ha-policy:
> "all"), does the broker send the confirm as soon as a message is
> persisted in the queues of the master node?  It doesn't wait for those
> queues to be replicated to the slaves?

 From http://www.rabbitmq.com/ha.html#behaviour

<quote>
As the chosen slave becomes the master, no messages that are published
to the mirrored-queue during this time will be lost: messages published
to a mirrored-queue are always published directly to the master and all
slaves. Thus should the master fail, the messages continue to be sent to
the slaves and will be added to the queue once the promotion of a slave
to the master completes.

Similarly, messages published by clients using publisher confirms will
still be confirmed correctly even if the master (or any slaves) fail
between the message being published and the message being able to be
confirmed to the publisher.
</quote>

Matthias.