[rabbitmq-discuss] HA Client for RabbitMQ?

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Sun Oct 2 18:12:20 BST 2011

On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 09:18:17AM -0700, Alex Grönholm wrote:
> I noticed that the hot new feature in RabbitMQ 2.6 is Active/Active HA on
> the server side. How can I take advantage of this on the client side? AFAIK
> the client only knows how to connect to a single server -- you can't give it
> a list of servers for failover purposes.

Correct. The Active/Active HA work does not address the issue of client
connectivity. There are a number of solutions that you could use:

o) Change the DNS on failure
o) a plain TCP load balancer like haproxy or a router-based one
o) mobile IP addresses as can be done with something like pacemaker

Matthew