[rabbitmq-discuss] Debugging AD

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Nov 30 18:51:18 GMT 2011

Gavin,

On 30/11/11 18:40, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> I've been meaning to ask on this subject: is there any level of caching
> of data received back from the LDAP server?

No.

> I'd like to move to LDAP for our infrastructure but am worried about
> connection rates and throttling due to time spent making LDAP
> requests for the same connecting/disconnecting user.

LDAP is designed to deliver exceptionally high query performance and to
scale near linearly through replication. So if you are worried about
latency, pick a high-performance LDAP server and co-locate it with
RabbitMQ on the same machine, and make it a slave of the central LDAP
server.

Would be interested to hear what results you are getting.

> Alternatively, does Rabbit check local auth prior to LDAP auth?

That is controlled by the order in which backends are listed in the
auth_backends config.

Regards,

Matthias.