[rabbitmq-discuss] Debugging AD

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Nov 30 10:44:36 GMT 2011

On 29/11/11 18:55, Matthias Radestock wrote:
>> However, now I appear to have problems with pushing my credentials
>> through: [...] On other configurations that are known to work with
>> this particular AD server have to supply a AD username and password
>> to submit the query, so I was wondering whether I can configure this
>> somewhere in the rabbitmq.config?
>
> I'm guessing the other_bind option might help here.

Partially. other_bind controls how to connect to the LDAP server to
retrieve *authorisation* details (i.e. look up permissions). The plugin
will still connect using your details to perform *authentication* (i.e.
does this username / password combination work?)

Does this fit your needs? If not, how would you want it to work?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware