[rabbitmq-discuss] Can consumers communicate back to producers?

Rosa, Andrea andrea.rosa at hp.com
Tue Nov 29 12:25:40 GMT 2011

Hi

> > For example, taking the basic "Hello World" case the producer sends a
> > message to the consumer. Is there a mechanism for the consumer to
> send
> > "Hello back to you" back to the producer?
>
> AMQP does not have an automatic way to do this.
>
> > Or does this involves
> > setting up a pair of Producers/Consumers and then selectively
> > receiving messages as per tutorial 4.
>
> That sounds about right, though I'm not sure what you mean by
> *selectively* receiving messages.
>
> I'd expect the producer to declare its own queue, and somehow let the
> consumer know about it; then, the consumer could just publish back to
> it.

 I agree with Alex. In my application the producer declares a queue and an exchange and call them using a random id and in the message sent to the consumer there is the indication of this id.
The consumer when it receives the message publish back a reply on the exchange using the id found in the original message.
Hope this helps
--
Andrea