[rabbitmq-discuss] Ubuntu 11.10 does not shutdown

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Mon Nov 28 00:53:46 GMT 2011

On 16/11/11 19:59, Sampo Savolainen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed RabbitMQ server on an Ubuntu 11.10 (desktop) box from the
> .deb's provided on rabbitmq's website. After installing the server, the
> box is unable to shut down. Powering off just results in logging off the
> current session (and probably turning off some of the OS services in the
> process). The only way "real" way to power off the computer is to do:
> "sudo /sbin/poweroff now"
>
> This bug has been confirmed on the Ubuntu Launchpad bugtracker:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rabbitmq-server/+bug/670289
>
> Both releases 2.6.1 and 2.7.0 exhibit this behavior.

Curiously, this doesn't seem to affect me - I've been running 2.6.1 and
2.7.0 on Ubuntu 11.10 just fine.

I'm not using the desktop-style NetworkManager to manage my ethernet
though - I'm using the server-style /etc/network/interfaces file, since
I have eth0 bound to a bridge, br0, so that I can bridge my virtual
machines too.

I don't know if that's helping or if it's a red herring.