[rabbitmq-discuss] Exchange disappear

Marek Majkowski majek04 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 17:30:49 GMT 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 17:24, Rosa, Andrea <andrea.rosa at hp.com> wrote:
>> IE: "channel error" is almost always caused by application doing
>> AMQP things its not supposed to do.
>
> So in my case the "thing not allowed" is trying to publish a message using a non existing exchange.

Correct.

Publishing a message to a non existing exchange is invalid and will
result in a channel error.

>> Well, in such case on `unbind` (or when queues are deleted or auto-
>> deleted)
>> the exchange will be removed and any subsequent publishes will fail
>> with "channel errors".
>

> In my case the publishing process creates an exchange on the broker, before sending/publishing a message.
> Thank you so much for your help!

As you're using `auto_delete` exchanges, it is theoretically possible
that in a time
after the exchange was created and between you published a message
some other queue was bound and unbound to/from that exchange.

If that happens, the exchange will be removed before you do publish.
And subsequent publish will fail, as the exchange won't be there.

Marek