[rabbitmq-discuss] Ubuntu 11.10 does not shutdown

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 16:20:17 GMT 2011

2011/11/23 Matthias Radestock <matthias at rabbitmq.com>

> And the shutdown fails 100% of the time? And if you uninstall rabbit it
> works 100% of the time?

Yes and yes. I just tried a few more times, the same behavior every time.

>  When the shutdown gets stuck, is there anything you can do, e.g. can you
> get a shell? Would be good to find out what processes are running at the
> time.

Ubuntu shows some kind of a "standby screen" where I can either choose to
reboot/power off (powering off does not work either) or sign back in.
sudo poweroff from the shell shuts it down successfully.

Let me know if you want me to investigate something else.
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin