[rabbitmq-discuss] Ubuntu 11.10 does not shutdown

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Nov 23 11:19:45 GMT 2011

On 20/11/11 11:47, Sampo Savolainen wrote:
> So it seems having rabbitmq running is preventing another service
> (network-manager perhaps?) from shutting down cleanly.

I have no idea how on earth that could happen, but I don't know much
about NetworkManager.

There are also reports from Ubuntu users that "ConsoleKit" (whatever
that is) considers the RabbitMQ service to be a regular logged in user.
I wonder if the two issues could be related?

The trouble is, we don't know much about how this is supposed to work
(and it doesn't seem very documented), and can't replicate things.

I'll go and poke some Launchpad bugs and see if I can get anyone from
Ubuntu / Canonical to help.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen