[rabbitmq-discuss] EventingBasicConsumer is still experimentals? (.NET client)

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 21:34:50 GMT 2011

> One can pass the same consumer instance to multiple BasicConsume calls.
>> Then the messages end up in just a single client-side queue.

Right, but then messages from both RMQ queues get lumped into the same
client-side queue and processed the same by the consumer.
 EventingBasicConsumer provides the callback-based interface I was looking
for that provides a clear and easy to read mechanism for subscribing
different processing functions to different queues in a single-thread.

> Alas the risk of consumer code blocking the connection thread remains.

That's true of any callback-based code (as are most of the other language
AMQP clients), and it's not that hard to design for.

-J