[rabbitmq-discuss] EventingBasicConsumer is still experimentals? (.NET client)

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 10:46:57 GMT 2011

Hi Matthias,

> It is probably safe to use.

That's great.

>  EventingBasicConsumer is blocking, i.e. it invokes the event handlers in
> the connection thread.
>
> Can you post the pika code you want to emulate?

Actually, I mean non-blocking in a much looser sense...that one queue
consumption loop while waiting on messages doesn't block other consumption
loops in the same thread (rather than non-blocking all network I/O).

EventBasicConsumer actually provides the analog I was looking for...here's
the C# code I ended up with:

https://github.com/rabbitinaction/sourcecode/blob/master/csharp/appendix-a/AlertingServerConsumer/alerting_server_consumer.cs

And the original Pika/Python code:

https://github.com/rabbitinaction/sourcecode/blob/master/python/chapter-4/alert_consumer.py

Thank you very much for your quick reply and help. Will EventBasicConsumer
ever lose the "experimental" badge on the API and class docs?

-J