[rabbitmq-discuss] .net client Windows Mobile

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 18 11:26:12 GMT 2011

On 17/11/11 18:19, Adam Kaminiecki wrote:
> Can anybody tell me is client library version working on windows mobile
> 6, 6.5 or windows mobile 7??

OK, this is based on my hazy understanding of the relationship between
the various development environments Microsoft offers, and may be wrong.
Please, someone chime in if you know more.

The RabbitMQ .NET client will definitely *not* work on Windows Mobile
6.x or lower. That only supports the .NET compact framework, which is
not particularly compatible with the full .NET runtime.

The RabbitMQ .NET client *might* work on Windows Phone 7. If I am
reading Wikipedia correctly ;) Windows Phone 7 is based on Silverlight
4, which in turn is based on a subset of .NET. It's not clear to me
whether that subset is large or small, and whether it's likely to
contain everything we use.

If you try it, let us know how you get on...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware