[rabbitmq-discuss] Some simple problems about Clustering

Alexandru Scvorţov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 18 10:04:02 GMT 2011

Hi,

> I wonder what does the "state" mean on earth. It is just "the state of the cluster" or includes the messages?

State here means queues, exchanges and bindings.

> 2.if the ram of a ram node is full or reach the "alert" level, how does it process new messages? Save them on the disk or just throw away?  Will a ram node occupy disk space? if Yes, what is the category?

How nodes deal with messages has nothing to do with whether they're ram
or disc.

Both kinds of nodes will try to keep messages in memory (optionally
writing them to disk).  If they're running out of memory, they'll begin
paging messages to disk (regardless of anything else).  If they're
*really* running low on memory, they'll prevent publishers from sending
new messages.

RabbitMQ does not throw away messages.

Does this  answer your questions?

Cheers,